Six crew members of MV Suez, freed by Somali pirates, return via Pakistan

on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Six crew members of MV Suez, freed by Somali pirates, return via Pakistan

The six Indian crew members of Egyptian cargo vessel MV Suez, who had been kept captive by Somali pirates for nearly 10 months, returned to their families at the Delhi airport on Friday.

With tears rolling down her cheeks, Pushpa Chauhan hugged her 23-year-old son, Prashant, and recalled the long days and nights she and her family spent waiting for him. “When Prashant was being held captive, he could call me only once in two months and that too for just a minute. He would never talk about his health. He would just beg us to do something to save him. I used to feel so helpless,” she said.

Sailor Ravi Aryan’s wife Sampa couldn’t help but recall the brief phone calls her husband would make from captivity. “Every time he would call, I could hear people shouting for help. I cannot believe I finally have my husband in front of me,” Sampa said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment